What is Principal's Math Club???
Simply put, it is an incentive for kids to learn their math facts. Second graders need to memorize their addition and subtraction facts (sums to 18).
How Do I Get in Principal's Math Club???
Each Thursday we'll have a Principal's Math Club quiz. Basically, it's the same kind of math fact practice sheet that comes home each week for homework, only with a new set of problems. To make Principal's Math Club, kids need to solve all 50 problems correctly in 6 minutes!
What Happens If I Make Principal's Math Club???
Congratulations! Your name will be announced by Mrs. Koenig or Mrs. Beran at Good Morning Boals and you will get your very own Principal's Math Club ruler!
Once I Get My Ruler, What's My Incentive to Keep Making 100's on the Thursday Quizzes???
Every Friday, those that made a 100 on the Principal's Math Club quiz that week get the privilege to sit at special reserved tables at lunch. Only those kids who made Principal's Math Club for that week will be allowed to sit there. You'll also want to make a 100 so that you'll have a good grade in the grade book!
How Can I Practice So That I Can Make Principal's Math Club?
Practice, Practice, Practice! You can use flashcards, computer games, websites, or workbooks to help you practice. You can even use your weekly homework fact sheet as a way to practice. Set a timer for 6 minutes and see how many facts you can complete correctly. As an added bonus... you'll have your homework finished a whole lot sooner!
Simply put, it is an incentive for kids to learn their math facts. Second graders need to memorize their addition and subtraction facts (sums to 18).
How Do I Get in Principal's Math Club???
Each Thursday we'll have a Principal's Math Club quiz. Basically, it's the same kind of math fact practice sheet that comes home each week for homework, only with a new set of problems. To make Principal's Math Club, kids need to solve all 50 problems correctly in 6 minutes!
What Happens If I Make Principal's Math Club???
Congratulations! Your name will be announced by Mrs. Koenig or Mrs. Beran at Good Morning Boals and you will get your very own Principal's Math Club ruler!
Once I Get My Ruler, What's My Incentive to Keep Making 100's on the Thursday Quizzes???
Every Friday, those that made a 100 on the Principal's Math Club quiz that week get the privilege to sit at special reserved tables at lunch. Only those kids who made Principal's Math Club for that week will be allowed to sit there. You'll also want to make a 100 so that you'll have a good grade in the grade book!
How Can I Practice So That I Can Make Principal's Math Club?
Practice, Practice, Practice! You can use flashcards, computer games, websites, or workbooks to help you practice. You can even use your weekly homework fact sheet as a way to practice. Set a timer for 6 minutes and see how many facts you can complete correctly. As an added bonus... you'll have your homework finished a whole lot sooner!
No comments:
Post a Comment